batch system available soon

Guy Middleton gamiddle at maytag.waterloo.edu
Wed Sep 26 02:31:48 AEST 1990

I have seen recently in these newsgroups several requests for batch systems.
We have one, it runs on any BSD-like Unix.  We will probably be making the
source available for anonymous FTP some time soon.  If there is sufficient
interest, we may also post the code to comp.sources.unix.

It does:
	management of any number of queues
		queues can have the following attributes:
			max number of jobs running simultaneously
			load-sensitive scheduling
			niceness
			limits on various resources (cpu time, file size, etc)
	mailing of job completion status and output
	querying of queues
	job cancellation

 -Guy Middleton, University of Waterloo		gamiddleton at watmath.waterloo.edu
		(+1 519 885 1211 x3472)		gamiddleton at watmath.uwaterloo.ca