UUCP (HDB) - urgent !

Sean Fulton sean at utoday.UUCP
Wed Sep 26 04:03:15 AEST 1990

In article <1990Sep24.134639.360 at wsrcc> wolfgang at wsrcc (Wolfgang S. Rupprecht) writes:
>fkk at stasys.sta.sub.org (Frank Kaefer) writes:
>>I have a really severe problem with UUCP (HDB). I think this could be a
>>real bug of HDB UUCP and I urgently seek some advice. [...]
>>Here is some uucico -x9 output:
>uucico:  ^M^M^M^JStasys Starnberg^M^M^Jlogin: uufips^M^M^JPassword:got it
>uucico: sendthem (xxxxxx^M)
>>uucico: imsg >^M^JUNIX System V/386 Release 3.2^M^Jstasys^M^JCopyright (C) 1984, 1986, 1987, 1988 AT&T^M^JCopyright (C) 1987, 1988 MiLOGIN FAILED - failed
>  ******************^^^^*********************
>>uucico: exit code 101

Check /etc/passwd to make sure stasys has a valid account, a valid
directory, and a valid shell (/usr/lib/uucp/uucico). The login itself
was actually completed, it was the waiting for Shere= that died.

I say this because we had the exact same problem here a while back,
and it was something really obvious but took hours to figure out. Try
replacing uucico with /bin/sh and login.

Sean Fulton					sean at utoday.com
UNIX Today!					(516) 562-5430
 /* The opinions expressed above are not those of my employer */