RAM disk.

Don Lewis del at thrush.mlb.semi.harris.com
Tue Sep 18 14:46:25 AEST 1990

In article <758 at sci34hub.UUCP> gary at sci34hub.sci.com (Gary Heston) writes:
>I think you're forgetting drive latency, here. A RAM disc will respond
>immediately, where a hard drive may take several ms just to find the
>data. Somewhere around here, I have a data sheet for a RAM disc with
>a SCSI interface. I think it'll show a lot of speed improvement over an
>"ordinary disk". Granted, not everyone has one of these, but I'd
>sure like one for my swap device.

Well, so would I, but if I could afford enough memory to replace my
swap device with a RAM disk, I'd rather just use that memory as main
memory and not bother with paging/swapping anymore.
--
Don "Truck" Lewis                      Harris Semiconductor
Internet:  del at mlb.semi.harris.com     PO Box 883   MS 62A-028