need help in starting up in.named

Tahsin Mzaik mzaik at kaa.eng.ohio-state.edu
Sat Sep 22 06:55:42 AEST 1990

We are having a problem with named. When named runs, we get the message
that a file was not found in the named.boot file. The result is that
foriegn hosts can not be accessed, either by name or by network id.

The named.boot file is as follows:
	;	named.boot file
	domain		ohio-state.edu
	primary		ohio-state.edu
	secondary	eng.ohio-state.edu	128.146.1.7

The problem, we believe, is that a source file should be specified after
the domain specification in the line that starts with 'primary,' that is we
need a file which contains authoritative data for the ohio-state.edu
domain. This file should be in a 'master file' format.

We don't have such a file, and we would like to know either how to create
this file, or where to get it from.

Thanks in advance for your help.