Software installation opinions needed

Wm E. Davidsen Jr davidsen at sixhub.UUCP
Sun Sep 30 12:21:08 AEST 1990

In article <0706TQG at xds13.ferranti.com> peter at ficc.ferranti.com (Peter da Silva) writes:

| And to top it off, this on a system that already has one of the best
| automatic software installation systems I've ever seen.

  The PC versions of UNIX have very good installations, and I just
installed a beta V.4 which asked all the questions up front, then told
me to put the tape in the drive and go away. Good stuff. Of course with
all the installs and builds I selected it ran six hourse and 36 minutes
to install, but I didn't have to stand there while it happened.
--
bill davidsen - davidsen at sixhub.uucp (uunet!crdgw1!sixhub!davidsen)
    sysop *IX BBS and Public Access UNIX