priority scheme under SunOS ..

Binod Taterway [2] lubkt at spectrum.CC.Lehigh.EDU
Tue Apr 9 01:03:48 AEST 1991

Is there any way one can implement a priority scheme under SunOS
4.1.1. Say, we want to allocate some users higher default priority
than others. Granted this can be done on a case-by-case basis, but I
rather not if some default priority can be assigned. Not having
priority scheme hampers execution of interactive jobs if some cpu
intensive background job is running. I am not interested in altering
process priority, just the scheduling priority (the ones altered by
nice(1) and renice(1)). Any suggestions?

--

Binod Taterway
Sr. User Consultant		   |	lubkt at spectrum.CC.Lehigh.EDU