WARNING: SCO-Xenix game "hack", setuid root NO DANGER, OOOOPS

Chip Rosenthal chip at chinacat.Unicom.COM
Sat Apr 20 08:15:37 AEST 1991

In article <1991Apr18.213843.18297 at odbffm.incom.de>
	oli at odbffm.incom.de (Oliver Boehmer) writes:
>But one thing I'd really like to know: Why the &/%$"&/ is hack setuid?

So that it can write bones and other such stuff to the games library
directory.  You might want to try creating a `games' UID, chown
everything under /usr/games/lib to it, and making hack setuid to
`games'.  This is the approach SCO takes with games distribution under
UNIX.
--
Chip Rosenthal  512-482-8260  |
Unicom Systems Development    |    I saw Elvis in my wtmp file.