MAXUPRC broken in SunOS 4.1

Jean-Louis Faraut jlf at mirsa.inria.fr
Tue Apr 2 23:20:34 AEST 1991

Hi Christine,

we just ran into the same MAXUPRC problem a few weeks ago with SunOS
4.1_PSR_A on our 4/490.

Looking at /sys/conf.comon/param.c, I saw the following lines :

#ifdef sparc
#undef MAXUPRC
#define MAXUPRC (NPROC - 5)

so to fix this problem, I commented out the two last lines and
recompiled the kernel and this have worked fine so far .

Hope this will help you ...

                           @
                          ,  ,,     ,,_._.
        	         /  //     //          Jean-Louis Faraut
                  //   /  //     //            Administrateur Systeme

jlf at cerisi.cerisi.fr | ESSI (Ecole Superieure des Sciences Informatiques)  |
jlf at mirsa.inria.fr   |               Sophia-Antipolis (France)             |

My English is surely bad, but please note that I'm French and we do not
speak English here :-)