Snakebytes (long -- and poisonous?).

Peter da Silva peter at ficc.ferranti.com
Wed Apr 3 08:38:28 AEST 1991

In article <31 at titccy.cc.titech.ac.jp> mohta at necom830.cc.titech.ac.jp (Masataka Ohta) writes:
> HP-UX or any other SysV based OS is too painful to administrate.

What have you been smoking? I want some.

BSD system administration hasn't changed significantly since V7. You still
have to add drivers by editing makefiles, one way or the other. Compared to
the System V sysadm stuff, and the idmk* programs, it's like stone knives
and bear skins.

And where Berkeley *has* innovated in system administration it's not done
such a good job. I'm no big fan of MMDF, but next to sendmail.cf it's a
masterpiece of clarity. We have some SPARCstations here and I'm dreading
hooking them into the mail network.
Peter da Silva.  `-_-'  peter at ferranti.com