dlogin/Ultrix 3.1/ and a hung process...

Ed Otto edotto at ux1.cso.uiuc.edu
Wed Apr 3 00:25:45 AEST 1991

Greetings and hallucinations!

I am experiencing a weird problem.

When I use my signon to access the 'dlogin' procedure on my VAX 11/785 running
Ultrix 3.1, everything works fine; when I use ANY OTHER SIGNON EXCEPT ROOT
the process seems to hang - 20 minutes later there was no login on that
terminal.

I went to another terminal and had no trouble using my signon to access the
other machine.

I have 'system' group assigned to me; the other users do not - could that
make a difference?