Synchronize your hosts?

Bill Jackson bj at ohsu470.ohsu.edu
Tue Apr 30 13:40:58 AEST 1991

I am sure this has been asked before, so please excuse if this is an old
question.  I have a variety of Unix hosts on an expanding network including
AT&T StarLan servers, Sun file servers, Sun workstations and Nexts.  I would
like to get these machines all to agree on the simplest of things i.e what TIME
is it?!  Our network client PC's synchronize their clocks with their nearest
Unix file server machine so . . . it would be great if all the Unix machines
could agree.  I have heard of something called UDP Time Service (I think), is
this a tool I could use?  It would have to be fairly generic TCP/IP to work on
these different platforms, or it would have to be something I can get source to
to build myself.

Thanks for any help - replies by mail appreciated if this is old hat to
everbody!

--
William Jackson                     Manager, Network Services, Gaines Hall #113
Oregon Health Sciences University (OHSU), 840 SW Gaines Road, Portland,OR 97201