Wanted: FAQ sheet, ftp sites, book lists, software

Warren Toomey wkt at rodos2.cs.adfa.oz.au
Wed Apr 3 14:10:39 AEST 1991

As a new reader of comp.unix.admin, I'd like to ask if anybody has
the following:

	- a list of Frequently Asked Questions in comp.unix.admin

	- a list of ftp sites where some/all of comp.unix.admin
	  is archived

	- a list of book titles that people recommend, with ISBN

	- a list of public-domain (or otherwise) software that
	  is useful in administrating Unix machines, with details of
	  how to obtain the software.

My interest lies in administrating, maintaining & keeping secure BSD4.x
boxes with Usenet/Uucp/Internet etc. connections, although information
on SysV, Xenix and other varieties would be helpful too.

If these questions can be quickly & easily answered, please post here.
Otherwise I'll collect email resonses, summarise and post the result here.

Thanks very much,

	Warren Toomey.

P.S try wkt at csadfa.cs.adfa.oz.au	or
        wkt at ccadfa.cc.adfa.oz.au	One or both may be flakey.

        Warren Toomey VK1XWT, unquotable.
      Deep in the bowels of ADFA Comp Science.
  `The key that I thought opened the door doesn't'