Smail 3.1 header rewriting (was: sendmail shock)

Tom Fitzgerald fitz at wang.com
Fri Apr 12 10:37:40 AEST 1991

chip at tct.com (Chip Salzenberg) writes:
> No, Smail 3.1 can't.

Actually, could you fake it by having smail feed the message to a custom
mailer that does the rewriting?  The mailer could just be a simple C
program to mash the appropriate headers and fork the real mailer.

This might be a reasonable way to do it in the long run.  Most people who
have to deal with mutant address formats only have to deal with 1 or 2 of
them, just local neighbors.

---
Tom Fitzgerald   Wang Labs        fitz at wang.com
1-508-967-5278   Lowell MA, USA   ...!uunet!wang!fitz