in.telnetd

Mike Johnston mjohnsto at admin8779.shearson.com
Mon Apr 1 00:59:50 AEST 1991

In article <14471 at life.ai.mit.edu> fidelio at geech.gnu.ai.mit.edu (Rob J. Nauta) writes:

   About three weeks ago I wrote a program that listens along with in.telnetd
   and manages to read the username and password by using some tricks.
   I sent the program to SUN and CERT, who have rushed out new versions
   for SunOS. But apart from a 'we have received your mail and will forward it
   to someone' absolutely no news, mail, nothing about this.
   So, I want to know, what's up ? Has anyone heard anything ?

   Greetings, Rob

No doubt you can expect the NSA to be knocking on your door in a matter of
minutes.

Greetings, NSA

Michael R. Johnston	mjohnsto at shearson.com || mjohnstonn at mcimail.com
System Administrator		UUCP:     uunet!slcpi!mjohnsto
Lehman Brothers Inc.		Phone:    (212) 640-9116
"Life is pain. Anyone who tells you different is trying to sell you something."