Overflowing wtmp

BBS Administration bbs at alchemy.UUCP
Wed Jan 30 12:21:59 AEST 1991

About a year ago or so, someone posed this problem to the net. I decided
I was bored and wrote a program to handle just this problem. I think it's
pretty portable but I wrote it on my SCO Xenix '386 system so you may
want to examine the source before using it. I won't post it here since
this is not a "source code" newsgroup, but if anyone would like to
have a copy of my "wsize" program, just send me mail and it shall be
yours (it's quite small). I run it as a "root" crontask on the 1st and 15th
of every month and trim it so only the most recent 2500 records are
retained. It comes with a manual page, makefile, and one C program.

Cheers,

-- John

John Donahue, Senior Partner | UUCP: ucrmath!alchemy!{bbs, gumby} | The Future
  Alchemy Software Designs   | INET: {bbs, gumby}@alchemy.UUCP    | Begins Now