DAT drive for 3B2/700

Eric Thompson et at .berkeley.edu
Sat Jan 5 08:18:48 AEST 1991

I need recommendations for a DAT drive for an AT&T 3b2/700 running
S5R3.2.1.  Either 1.3 or 2gig models are fine, though I'd rather run
a 2gig.

Also, it seems that the DDS format is prevalent, but the DATA/DAT format
sounds more like what what I need.  What the scoop on these two different
formats--which do you feel is better?

Any info you can send me: manufacturer, model, phone number, prices, etc..
is appreciated.  If you have *experience* with a DAT drive, I'd like to
hear about it too.  (The November '90 BYTE had an article & list of
manufacturers of DAT drives, but I'd like to hear about one in action,
especially on a 3b2/700 ;->)

Thanks much,
Eric

--
"I'd rather be no one than someone with no one to love" |    Eric Thompson
                                       --Stone Roses    | et at ocf.berkeley.edu