Sys 5.3 vi file-size limit?

Derek E. Terveer det at hawkmoon.MN.ORG
Mon Jan 14 20:04:34 AEST 1991

jc at minya.UUCP (John Chambers) writes:

>This
>isn't a ulimit problem; I've verified that vi (like all the rest
>of my applications) has the largest ulimit that I've convinced
>the system to accept, much large than half a Mbyte.

I'm confused here.  The ulimit basically applies to a particular shell session
and is not attachable to a specific application, like vi.  Perhaps you meant to
say that "I have verified that my ulimit is >>.5MB?"
--
Derek "Tigger" Terveer	det at hawkmoon.MN.ORG - MNFHA, NCS - UMN Women's Lax, MWD
I am the way and the truth and the light, I know all the answers; don't need