.rhosts vs. hosts.equiv

Kimmo Suominen Kimmo.Suominen at lut.fi
Sun Jan 13 08:04:36 AEST 1991

AEM> All .rhosts must be unreadable/unwritable by group and others [...]

Dan> -rw-r--r-- mode works fine for me.  Are you saying this for good taste
Dan> in security, or will something break otherwise?

That's the only way it works for me.  Additionally, I must have
x-permission to other (and I have it for group also) for my home
directory.  Otherwise I can't access hosts that have my home directory
mounted via NFS.  This is propably due to root being translated to
nobody over NFS-mounts.
Kim                      /  Internet: Kimmo.Suominen at lut.fi
"That's what I think."  /   Bitnet:   KIM at FINFILES