E-mail Privacy

Ron Dippold rdippold at cancun.qualcomm.com
Wed Jun 5 05:39:00 AEST 1991

In article <1991Jun4.143313.482 at forwiss.uni-passau.de> baier at unipas.fmi.uni-passau.de (Joern Baier) writes:
>In article <1991Jun2.200609.16799 at colnet.uucp> res at colnet.uucp (Rob Stampfli) writes:
>>If you are truly interested in protecting your computer valuables, I'm afraid
>>it's not root you have to be concerned with, it is Senator Biden.
>As someone who is not familiar with the details of US-politics: Who is Biden?

Senator Joe Biden, master of plagarism and sponsor of a bill that reads to the
effect of:

  "Stopping terrorism being necessary, all data, whether transmitted or stored,
   must be able to be decoded by the government."

It's a blatant case of big brother not wanting people to be able to be able
to do business without it knowing about it.  This comes very close on the
trail of the new Motorola cellular phones that let you scramble your
conversations so that nobody else can eavesdrop.

If it is passed it will likely be ignored, and if they try to enforce it it
will probably be declared unconstitutional, or perhaps a big enough stink will
be made to get it repealed.  But we always have to be on the lookout for this
kind of thing.

--
Standard disclaimer applies, you legalistic hacks.     |     Ron Dippold