Using "/" .forward override with external email?

ccdps at levels.sait.edu.au ccdps at levels.sait.edu.au
Thu Jun 27 13:46:04 AEST 1991

We are looking for a way of stopping a .forward file forwarding with a
switch in the username. Under VMS we can mail to _username, and the
message gets put into that person's mailbox regardless of what forwarding
has been set up. Sendmail has a "/" for a similar purpose, but it only
works for mail from the same system. If I want all mail to dan at kersnazzle
to be forwarded to dan at hupfoop and all mail to /dan at kersnazzle to stay at
kersnazzle, then its too bad because /dan is not a valid address for an
external user.

Has anyone come across a way of getting around this? It is possible to keep
two copies of everything by having the kersnazzle .forward containing
  dan at hupfoop
  /dan
but this is exceptionally messy.

Al ideas gratfully received - usual arrangement, email to me to save
bandwidth and I'll summarise.

Thanks,

 Dan Shearer                            email: Dan.Shearer at lux.sait.edu.au
 Computer Centre                        Phone: +61 8 343 3479
 University of South Australia          Fax  : +61 8 349 4213