Backups

James Cameron jc at raven.bu.edu
Mon Jun 24 12:30:58 AEST 1991

System:  4/300 SparcServer (4/380) running 4.1.1

We currently are using 5.5+ GB of data with total diskspace
of nearly 10GB.  6+ MB of this is on a remote system.  We
have one 8mm Exebyte tape drive and 1/4" cartridge tape
drive.  I would like to limit the backups to only the
8mm drive.

My question is what would be automate the backups?  At this
point, I am running shell scripts which dump until end of
tape at which point I end up switching tapes and start
the next script which HAS to start at the last partition which
reached end of tape.  This seems like a great waste of time
and tape, etc.

Please respond to jc at raven.bu.edu and feel free to mention
both hardware and software (and prices please!)

Thanks!

jc

--
					-- James Cameron  (jc at raven.bu.edu)

Signal Processing and Interpretation Lab.  Boston, Mass  (617) 353-2879