File Ownership change

young at esvax.hamavnet.com young at esvax.hamavnet.com
Thu Jun 6 09:46:41 AEST 1991

Hello,

I am running a Unix System V machine based on the Motorola 88K.  When I create
a new user with login in id of ted, I can (as super user) look at his directory
ls -ali and can see that ted owns the files.  However, when ted logs in and
looks at his files (.profile) the owner is the user id i.e. 100 and NOT ted.

Does anyone have any comments about this. I do not believe that any one has
gotten into the system to corrupt or mess with me.

Thanks

--
Brian A. Young               | young at hamavnet.com           | Who gives a rip!
Technical Marketing Services | hplabs!mcdapps!mcdhwd!briany |