Request info on A.F.S.

Vance R. Fields III vancer at oakhill.sps.mot.com
Wed Jun 19 04:14:20 AEST 1991

I've noticed that, during the course of my last nine
major headaches of which NFS has been responsible for
eight, the topic of AFS (Andrews File System) has been
appearing with increasing regularity, and I just could
not help but imagine that a more efficient scheme's time
had come.

Today, while perusing the unix.wizards postings, I saw
at least one out-and-out recommendation for the use of
AFS, and did not have much trouble convincing myself
that both the user community as well as the admin group
stood to benefit from an inquiry into the yeas and nays
of AFS vs NFS (presuming, of course, that this comparison
is a valid one).

I sure would appreciate it if anyone out there who has an
ideological/operational familiarity with AFS as it relates
to NFS would kindly email me or (should this info prove
beneficial to a sufficient number of readers) post their
contributions to this group.

Thanks, in advance,

Vance

       "As for me and my house, we will serve the Lord."
                                          Joshua 24:15
*       Vance R. Fields III   |   Motorola SPS                *
*      System Administrator   |   Austin, TX 78735            *