swapon -i needed (inquire size of swap space)

Paul Davey pd at x.co.uk
Mon Jun 24 22:21:12 AEST 1991

-> In article <GPLAN.91Jun19210331 at sol.aer.com> gplan at sol.aer.com (George A. Planansky) writes:
>How can a user find out how much swap space is available on any
>given machine?  Is there something like a "swapon -inquiry"
>command?  Or has someone written a shell script (perl "phrase" :-) ),

-> Try pstat -s

This is good for Berkley Software Distribution, but what does one do
on a plain SYSV box?

All I can think of is to use dd to copy the b partition of the root
disc (default swap or page) to /dev/null to report the size, but this
is obviously flawed. Is there a better way?
--
 Regards,			 pd at x.co.uk          IXI Limited
	Paul Davey		 pd at ixi.uucp         62-74 Burleigh St.