Mysterious security hole

Brendan Kehoe brendan at cs.widener.edu
Tue Jun 18 23:23:34 AEST 1991

sam at bsu-cs.UUCP wrote:
>Here's a nice and fairly simple way to improve security.
>PATH=/bin:/usr/bin:/etc
>then, to execute something in the local directory usr ./command or a
>full path.

 It took some getting used to, but after about a month I got myself
into the pattern of doing this .. and have found it completely
impossible to revert back. :)

     Brendan Kehoe - Widener Sun Network Manager - brendan at cs.widener.edu
  Widener University in Chester, PA                A Bloody Sun-Dec War Zone
  "Ya know, kitten tacos are really better than anything you've ever tasted
    before!"  "Oh, really."                              -- Rush Limbaugh