Looking for something like CU

Jean-Pierre Radley jpr at jpradley.jpr.com
Sun Jun 23 07:22:59 AEST 1991

In article <10748 at plains.NoDak.edu> tericks at plains.NoDak.edu (Terry Erickson) writes:
>     I was wondering if there is another Port Accessing program for Unix
>based machines, like CU, for a System V.
>
>     I am looking because I am trying to port to another machine, and CU
>seems to work well for most of it, but some control characters aren't
>coming through correctly.
>
>     If there are any possible ways to get the control characters to come
>through please let me know, otherwise I would like to find a different
>utility that will.

You aren't too clear about which control caharacters aren't getting from which
point A to which point B.

Nevertheless, there is XC, which will do whatever CU does, plus.
(Used to be called XCMALT, but I rebaptized it.)

Jean-Pierre Radley   Unix in NYC   jpr at jpr.com   jpradley!jpr   CIS: 72160,1341