something like motd question

Andy B. andyb at stb.info.com
Sun Jun 2 07:20:27 AEST 1991

bill at unixland.uucp (Bill Heiser) writes:
> Does this work on your Esix system Bill?  On mine, when I type 'news',
> I see all of the files, regardless of whether or not I've seen them
> already.

ISC's manual indicates something about a .news_time file
in the home directory that keeps the "currency time" as it's
modification date (so it implies).  Anything in the news
directory that is greater than this date will not be
read.  Unless you use the news -a option.  Hope that helps!

Andy
--
If it's not broken...your girlfriend will get bored with it anyway.