E-mail Privacy

Mark C. Henderson henderso at mpr.ca
Tue Jun 4 07:17:51 AEST 1991

In article <1991Jun3.175631.1451 at sci34hub.sci.com> gary at sci34hub.sci.com (Gary Heston) writes:...
->>                                    Prehaps I should keep valuables locked
->>    up (a sad commentary on our society) but one can not 'lockup' messages
->>    from the privelaged account holder (root).
->
->Sure you can. There's a function called "crypt" that can eliminate your
->concerns. Being root doesn't allow reading the files once encrypted....

I'd just like to point out that the security offered by Unix "crypt" can
be broken rather easily. Try using software that uses a more secure
algorithm.

Mark
--
Mark C. Henderson, Special Service Networks, MPR Teltech Ltd.  8999 Nelson Way,
 Burnaby, BC V5A 4B5 CANADA   +1 604 293 5474 (voice),  +1 604 293 6100 (fax)