Shells for SYSV machines

John F Stoffel john at wpi.WPI.EDU
Wed Jun 5 14:59:06 AEST 1991

I'm looking for a replacement shell for my 3b2/400.  I want a shell
that has history and aliases.  I have bash from the gnu project up and
running (sorta), but I don't want something that BIG.  At 700K+, it is
just too big for what I want.

I've looked at vsh, ash, bash, tcsh.  The best would probably be tcsh,
but I don't have the sources to csh, and I don't think I can afford to
get a source license from Berkely.

Does anyone out there know of a good shell for SYSV with the features
I want?  Thanks!

			John

--
How do you explain Wayne Newton's POWER over millions?                   | john
 It's th' MOUSTACHE...  Have you ever noticed th' way it radiates        | @wpi