How do I get RFC articles?

Dan_Jacobson at ATT.COM Dan_Jacobson at ATT.COM
Thu Jun 20 03:25:35 AEST 1991

Bob> If I tell my Emacs "C-x C-f /ftp.uu.net:/rfc/rfc874$", ange-ftp opens
Bob> an anonymous FTP connection to UUNET (since I have a line like
Bob> "machine ftp.uu.net login anonymous password bob at morningstar.com" in
Bob> my ~/.netrc), gets a directory listing, and completes the "rfc874.Z".

Bob's right, folks.  And furthermore, you can set this variable to t
(=true):

ange-ftp-generate-anonymous-password's value is t

Documentation:
*If non-nil, by default use a password of user at host when logging
in as the anonymous user.