Looking for something like CU

Chris Lewis clewis at ferret.ocunix.on.ca
Sun Jun 9 15:01:32 AEST 1991

In article <10748 at plains.NoDak.edu> tericks at plains.NoDak.edu (Terry Erickson) writes:
>     I was wondering if there is another Port Accessing program for Unix
>based machines, like CU, for a System V.

>     I am looking because I am trying to port to another machine, and CU
>seems to work well for most of it, but some control characters aren't
>coming through correctly.

>     If there are any possible ways to get the control characters to come
>through please let me know, otherwise I would like to find a different
>utility that will.

Cu is supposed to be transparent to control characters.  Though, perhaps,
it might not like characters with the 8-bit on.  If it's characters with
8-bit off that are causing problems, I'd start thinking that the modem is
eating them.
Chris Lewis, Phone: (613) 832-0541, Domain: clewis at ferret.ocunix.on.ca
UUCP: ...!cunews!latour!ecicrl!clewis; Ferret Mailing List:
ferret-request at eci386; Psroff (not Adobe Transcript) enquiries:
psroff-request at eci386 or Canada 416-832-0541.  Psroff 3.0 in c.s.u soon!