syncronizing clocks on workstations

Bill Heiser bill at unixland.natick.ma.us
Sat Jun 1 10:29:51 AEST 1991

>In article <1991May23.014145.212 at wizard.uucp>, bob at wizard.uucp (Bob Smith) writes:
>- rdate will read the date/time from a specfied host and set the date/time
>- of the local machine accordingly, I've never tried it, but it should be
>- possible to cron up rdate periodically to keep clocks sync'd.(?)

I'm using rdate on Sun/386i systems, syncing the time to a Harris
sysvr3 system which is kept in sync to a WWV receiver.  The Sun
systems seem to drift very rapidly, being at least a second off
within 12 hours or so of the sync.  The same is true of another
Harris machine which uses also uses rdate to sync to the Harris
with the WWV.     These systems are running rdate periodcally from
cron (once per day).

--
bill at unixland.natick.ma.us	The Think_Tank BBS & Public Access Unix
    ...!uunet!think!unixland!bill       bill at unixland