WHIP and pc3270

Kevin P. Kleinfelter kevin at msa3b.UUCP
Wed Nov 8 02:03:26 AEST 1989

Can you run pc3270 on a machine with WHIP installed (AIX PS/2 V1.1)?
The "magic incantation" of
	d3270 d .2d0-2df.9.ce000-cffff.
has been included in /etc/dosdev.

When I "dos +ad3270", get into DOS, and run pc3270, I can enter
ONE keystroke.  This keystroke is echoed.  Further keystrokes are
ignored, EXCEPT I can toggle out of the mainframe session back to DOS,
and I can ALT-keypad-5 to remove pc3270

Now my first thought was that you can't run a DOS 3270 when WHIP is
installed; my second thought was that I had something wrong in /etc/dosdev.
BUT, when I run our in-house 3270 emulation, it runs just fine.

What does pc3270 use beyond the above?  I ran DEBUG on it, as far as I
could, and see that it accesses port 0x21 (the PIC, I think).  When I
added port 0x21 to /etc/dosdev, it did not help.
--
Kevin Kleinfelter @ Management Science America, Inc (404) 239-2347
gatech!nanovx!msa3b!kevin