rt > risc/6000

Ed Clarke/10240000 clarke at acheron.uucp
Sun Feb 25 17:55:35 AEST 1990

>From article <5064.25e6649b at uwovax.uwo.ca>, by 35002_3025 at uwovax.uwo.ca:
> 	Could anyone comment on the possibility of porting AIX 2.2.1
> applications from the RT to AIX 3.0 on the RISC/6000 series machines?

I compiled nntp (clientlib.o) and vn with the nntp option on a 6000.
It works ... except that command line parsing is screwed up.  I'll
take a look at it when I get a chance.  Note! The c compiler won't
let you do perverted things like store into a string constant.  I
had to use the AIX tmpnam rather than the vn version.

We ported a fairly large OS/2-PM and X/Windows-Motif application also.
Works perfectly ( port was from AIX/PS2 to 6000, not RT. ).
--
Ed Clarke      | Happiness, n.  An agreeable sensation arising from
acheron!clarke | contemplating the misery of another. - Ambrose Bierce