Help with Anonymous FTP

J. Nelson Howell nelson at mentor.cc.purdue.edu
Fri Feb 16 03:38:18 AEST 1990

In article <9012 at stiatl.UUCP> chris at stiatl.UUCP (Chris Cheyney) writes:
>I've looked at the BSD FTP daemon source code and determined that the
>problem is a chroot() call failing.  The actual place where it fails is
>Does anyone have a clue why the chroot() call would be failing so

Chris,
	I recently had a similar problem porting a program that required
chroot().  The problem is that the alias $LOCAL wants to be set to /<local>
where <local> is your machine name.  The only thing required is that you
create a /<local> subdirectory within the directory that is to be the new
root.  It is documented, but crypticly under chroot().

J. Nelson Howell
System Programmer				nelson at midas.mgmt.purdue.edu
Krannert Gracuate School of Management		NELSON at PURCCVM.BITNET
Purdue University