New product?

Adam W. Feigin adam at ncifcrf.gov
Tue Feb 6 13:28:56 AEST 1990

In article <1107 at gort.cs.utexas.edu> jason at cs.utexas.edu (Jason Martin Levitt) writes:
>In article <749 at npiatl.UUCP> dkelly at npiatl.UUCP (Dwight Kelly) writes:
>>Just got an invitation to an IBM product announcement.  Anyone know what
>>is being introduced?
>>
>>Invite read:
>>
>>	Unix users, you are invited to the launch of a very significant
>>	IBM product.  February 15, 1990.
>>

>   If you ask me, I'll say:
>
>        "The Sparcstation I and the DECstation 3100 are very
>         significant products."

Not that anyone asked me, but I just CANT resist:

"Significant for IBM, but not for the rest of us....just another in a
long series of products that IBM has introduced to try to gain a
foothold in the workstation market, only to fail in doing so. When
will they ever learn."
Internet: adam at ncifcrf.gov			Adam W. Feigin
UUCP: {backbonz}!ncifcrf!adam			Senior Systems Manager
Mail: P.O. Box B, Bldg 430	National Cancer Institute-Supercomputer Center
      Frederick, MD 21701		Frederick Cancer Research Facility

If someone from IBM comes up to you and says they support Unix, run
very fast in the opposite direction; they are lying.