AIX BUG FIX LIST

A. Lester Buck buck at siswat.UUCP
Wed Feb 14 16:15:47 AEST 1990

In article <8982 at stiatl.UUCP>, karl at stiatl.UUCP (Karl Klingman) writes:
> Recently, someone posted a list of bug fixes for the AIX operating
> system on the RT.  Does such a list exist for the PS/2?

I missed the AIX/RT list, but there is one reasonably useful source of
information - IBM LINK.  I think a certain period of IBM LINK access comes
with every AIX license.  IBM LINK includes a database of questions and
problems that is searchable by key word.  Actually, the access period
includes the ability to _ask_ questions in specific areas, while IBM is much
more relaxed about read-only access and lets most anyone _search_ for
information.  I don't know what determines if/when an APAR appears in the
database, but it does have quite a bit of useful information.  IBM supplies
DOS 3270 emulation software for free dialup access, or you can connect
through your corporate mainframe network.  In addition, there are other
areas for product information, machine configuration, and documentation.  If
you have ever tried to find out just what manual to order in the humongous
IBM publication list, you will really like the search aspects of the
documentation section.  This documentation section seems to always be up to
date, since it is the same database your branch office would use to order
your manual and figure out the price.

--
A. Lester Buck     buck at siswat.lonestar.org  ...!texbell!moray!siswat!buck