IBM PS/2 Internal Tape Backup - No support?

HAAS hh2 at prism.gatech.EDU
Tue Feb 20 02:24:14 AEST 1990

Is the IBM Internal Tape Backup for the PS/2 supported by IBM? Not if you
ask me. AIX, as it comes, only supports the EXTERNAL tape system. After
MUCH difficulty, I was told that in order to use my Internal Tape Backup,
I needed to fill out an RPQ, add ANOTHER $17.50 to the $3000.00 already
spent for AIX, and wait, all because IBM forgot to add the backup support.

Well, this wouldn't be so bad, IF I could find someone who knows what AIX
is, what an RPQ is, and will take my $17.50!! Two weeks after being forcful
with my "dealer" so that he would look into it, I finally get a call from
IBM, and explain the whole thing over again. He at least knows what AIX is,
but still has to "look into it". Now he's out of town for a week. Support?
What support?

Question: Is anyone using the Internal Tape Backup with AIX for the PS/2,
          and if so, HOW did you get it to work?

--
Harry Haas  GTRI/RAIL/TDD        "What makes it DO that!?" - Bones
uucp:	  ...!{decvax,hplabs,ncar,purdue,rutgers}!gatech!prism!hh2