Steve Dyer's 6000 horses

Miles O'Neal meo at stiatl.UUCP
Fri Feb 23 09:12:21 AEST 1990

(Steve Dyer) writes:
|This is one of the most ridiculous things I've ever heard.  NO UNIX system
|requires 120mb of disk, and especially AIX, since it's broken into dozens
|of LPPs which may or may not be installed, depending on the user's available
|space and requirements.  So don't load the Cobol compiler if you have it and
|don't need it.  But don't blame IBM if you can't put everything they sell
|on a smallish disk.

This is one of the most ridiculous things I've ever heard. LOTS of UNIX
systems need this much disk space, or so close to it there's not enough
room to do any serious work. SunOS taks up a BIIIG hunk of a 90 MB disk,
and isn't as big as AIX on our PS/2, which didn't have everything bundled
in that Marc Stephenson indicates QP says comes with the new release of
AIX for the 6000.

Actually, I've heard many more ridiculous things. Perhaps Mr. Dyer has
led a sheltered life??? 8^)

-Miles