IBM screws RT owners?

Jason Martin Levitt jason at cs.utexas.edu
Fri Feb 16 20:07:37 AEST 1990

In article <1133 at gort.cs.utexas.edu> jason at cs.utexas.edu (Jason Martin Levitt) writes:

>  I'd like to talk to the brain-dead IBM marketeer that thought
>up this insult. Those customers who supported IBM RTs during the
>1985-1988 years are shut-out completely. Of course, they don't mention
>what kind of trade-in credit these recent purchasers get.....

 I can't resist following up my own posting.

 It's admirable of IBM to openly admit they blew it with the
RT. It's unconscionable of them to imply that the _RT customers_
blew it by purchasing the machines!

  In case anyone thinks this is sour grapes, I'd like to point out
that I've never purchased RT hardware.

   --Jason

-----

Jason Martin Levitt    P.O. Box 49860  Austin, Texas 78765  (512) 459-0055
Internet: jason at cs.utexas.edu         | "The most effective debugging tool is
UUCP    : cs.utexas.edu!hackbox!jason |  still careful thought, coupled with
BIX     : jlevitt                     |  judiciously placed print statements."