Mouse difficulties resolved

Jeffrey R. Tunison tunison at rice.edu
Sat Feb 3 09:44:57 AEST 1990

in the week. I have found the answer on my own and am providing
it to the board to save other people from experiencing similar
difficulties. The problem was not with graPHIGS or with
PROFESSIONAL CADAM, it was....

An IBM PC/RT running AIX 2.2.1 will NOT recognize an IBM mouse
plugged into the mouse port until the CPU's power has been
completely turned OFF. Warm reboots will NOT result in the OS
realizing that a mouse is connected. You must power the machine
up from scratch after plugging that little guy in.

Jeffrey Tunison         tunison at rice.edu
Systems Programmer
Rice University