Info sought on raw ethernet access

Jack F. Vogel jackv at turnkey.gryphon.COM
Tue Jan 9 03:46:47 AEST 1990

In article <1990Jan7.212732.12668 at cunixf.cc.columbia.edu> micky at cunixf.cc.columbia.edu (Micky Liu) writes:
>We are running AIX/PS2 1.1 on a bunch of model 80's with UB ethernet cards.
>Is there any documentation on how to access the raw ethernet or even a manual
>page for device net0?  We are experimenting with some new protocols and need
>to read/write directly from/to the ethernet card.  Any information would be
>greatly appreciated.

It is normal for an OS vendor NOT to supply 3rd party hardware information,
for that contact the hardware vendor, i.e.,UB. However, you may get a
certain amount of satisfaction by taking a look at the header file:
/usr/include/sys/i386/eth_un_reg.h.

Good Luck

Disclaimer: As always, my opinions only.

Jack F. Vogel			jackv at seas.ucla.edu
AIX Technical Support	              - or -
Locus Computing Corp.		jackv at ifs.umich.edu