Q: Patching Binaries under AIX 1.1

Jeff Weinstein jsw at xhead.SGI.COM
Fri Jan 5 16:02:18 AEST 1990

In article <6693 at columbia.edu>, ji at close.cs.columbia.edu (John
Ioannidis) writes:
> Why oh why did the powers-that-be remove adb from the
> distribution?

I believe that the reasoning went something like this:

	"why would anyone want to use adb when we have such a swell dbx?"

	"I can't think of any reason off the top of my head"

	"OK, lets just leave it out"

	"OK"

There is a version of adb for AIX PS/2 that does exist within
the development groups, but I suspect that it will never be
released.  Remember, users don't patch the kernel.  :-)

	--Jeff

Jeff Weinstein
Silicon Graphics, Inc., Entry Systems Division, Window Systems
jsw at xhead.esd.sgi.com
Any opinions expressed above are mine, not sgi's.