Problems with AIX 1.1 in PS/2

Pekka Nikander pnr at ngs.fi
Wed Jan 3 06:04:55 AEST 1990

I have been trying to compille GNU Emacs 18.55 on a PS/2 running AIX
1.1.  I have been using their native compiler.  Everything goes fine
until the makefile tries to run
  ./temacs -batch -l inc-vers
At this point emacs dumps core (actually gives some error message, but
that is the same).  I debugged the code and found out that the switch
statement at line 1250 in regex.c is the reason for the core dump.  I
have compiled the whole stuff both with -O and without it, and with
SWITCH_ENUM_BUG defined and not.

Have anyone else seen this?  Does anyone know how to fix it?  Has
anyone succesfully compiled GNU Emacs 18.55 on a PS/2 running AIX?
Please reply by email, I will summarize in these groups if enough
interest.

--
Pekka Nikander                         Internet: pnr at ngs.fi -or-
Finnish Unix User Group (FUUG)                   Pekka.Nikander at ngs.fi