PS/2 AIX Tape Utilities & IBM external tape

Jim Morton [ext 237] jim at applix.UUCP
Mon May 7 23:57:58 AEST 1990

In article <1990May5.043843.1659 at acheron.uucp>, writes:
> From article <5272 at hydra.Helsinki.FI>, by porttiki at cs.Helsinki.FI
> > Does anyone know how to contact the Sytron company which makes the
> > software for IBM?
>
> Ah Ha!  You didn't say that you were using DOS under AIX!  The
> SY-TOS utilities were developed for an operating system that does
> not normally support tape devices (DOS).  You can contact Sytron at:
>
>       Sytron Corporation  135 Maple Street Marlboro, MA 01752

They moved about a year ago, they're now here in Westboro with us at:

	Sytron Corp. 117 Flanders Rd.  Westboro, MA 01581  (508) 898-0100

By the way, they have native AIX-RT and AIX-PS/2 versions of SY-TOS,
I think that's what the original poster was talking about.
--
Jim Morton, APPLiX Inc., Westboro, MA
...uunet!applix!jim    jim at applix.com