PS/2 AIX Tape Utilities & IBM external tape

Mark Whetzel markw at airgun.wg.waii.com
Tue May 8 03:18:51 AEST 1990

In article <5272 at hydra.Helsinki.FI>, porttiki at cs.Helsinki.FI (Anssi Porttikivi) writes:
> Hi!
>
> A week ago I asked here, if anyone knows how to make the IBM external
> tape streamer faster when used with the IBM Tape Utilities software.
> Nobody answered.
>
> Does anyone know how to contact the Sytron company which makes the
> software for IBM?
>
> --
> --
> -- Anssi
I don't know if this the same for the AIX /PS2 folks, but the SY-tos
software by sytron for the AIX-RT shows the following addresses:

Sytron Corporation
117 Flanders Road
P.O. Box 5025
Westboro, MA 01581-5025 U.S.A

The preceeding address is from the operations manual.
The following address is from the registration card (which
we never sent in :-)

Sytron Corporation
117 Flanders Road
Westboro, MA 01581-9909
U.S.A

Their phone number is available for limited support if you
have sent in the registration card at:
1-508-898-0100

I have no other information about the product, as we don't use it
on the RT's, we just have one copy to be able (if needed) exchanges
backup tapes with our PS-DOS based machines running the DOS version
of the same product.

good luck.
--
Mark Whetzel     My comments are my own, not my company's.
Western Geophysical - A division of Western Atlas International,
A Litton/Dresser Company           DOMAIN addr: markw at airgun.wg.waii.com
				   UUNET address:  uunet!airgun!markw