what does 9013 have that 9005 lacks

Geoff Coleman geoff at edm.uucp
Tue May 8 03:28:32 AEST 1990

	Could someone out there please summarize the differences between
the 9013 and 9005 loads? I'm wondering wether I should spend more time
working around "features" of AIX or if they are changed (fixed) in the new
load. One thing I have hit a roadblock on is getting a bidirectional
uucp line to work. If anyone else out there has managed this could you
please drop me a line as to how to do it. As well changing the speed line
in /etc/ports to 19200 seems to have no effect. Is there something else
that has to be changed to change the speed for a getty.

	Overall I'm quite pleased with the 6000. I've moved over cnews,
and vn with no problem (except that cron setup is brain dead). I
moved over smail 3.1 with only a few problems (awk doesn't like "if ( !dummy )
and if a string is defined as char *dummy="string" it segment violates if you
try to change a charter in dummy). We have our PROGRESS applications moved over
and they run great.

Geoff Coleman
Unexsys Systems

e-mail: geoff at edm.uucp