A couple of hardware questions about the 6000

luis basto luis at mavrick.UUCP
Tue May 29 01:40:41 AEST 1990

> 	Yes you are correct in saying that the number of process slots is
> large (it is 131071 on my present load 9005K). But what concerns me is the
> value of maxproc being 40. This number was obtained from the var command
> within crash. Does this not mean that any user (other than root of course)
> is limited to 40 processes at once?
> 	Note I am not posting this as a bug because for reasons beyond my
> control I am unable to upgrade to 9013., but there appears no way to change
> this number from within SMIT or any other root. Some "tunables are still in

You can change maxproc by typing:

	chdev -l sys0 -a maxuproc=xxx

where xxx is the number of processes you want to change to. This works on
9013S and above but I'm not sure if it'll work on 9005K.
--
Luis Basto
Work: (512) 823-2896