need help with automounter on RS/6000

Guest Account guest at albert.ai.mit.edu
Thu May 31 12:35:21 AEST 1990

I have set up TCP/IP and NFS and YP with SMIT, but there wasn't much
support for the automounter, just two menu options, start and stop,
for the automounter.  Since 'start' didn't work I have tried the following
things to fix it:

Added auto.master to YP.  "auto.master" contains "/net -hosts intr,nosuid"

Ran "newkey -u root" and "newkey -h chocolate" to generate publickey.byname
entries.

Ran keyserv -n to generate /etc/.rootkey.

Added /etc/site and YP'd it into site.byname.  This is just an empty file,
on our master YP server, does anyone know what goes in it?

Anyway the error message I am now getting  when I try "automount /net -hosts"
is "Authentication error ... not owner" or something to the effect that
secure RPC is failing.