answers to various

reed wade wade at speedy.cs.utk.edu
Thu Nov 1 14:43:45 AEST 1990

PostScript remote printing in AIX 3.1

	Blow off AIX's queueing ugliness and port the less ugly
	Berkley lpd code (works great--less filling)

Tektronix emulation in aixterm

	it's -t; but don't use that aixterm ugliness, build the
	mit R4 clients and libs.

Can root have /bin/csh as login shell

	Works fine for me. Beware tho, we've got a 550 with a less
	functional csh than on our older machines. This is likely
	due to the fact that we got that machine in a sort of pre-
	release fashion. I expect they'll fix it back again.
	(The problems are with ~ * expansion.)

Re: RS/6000 Model 320 FP Performance

	It is my understanding that IBM has or will put out an optimized
	BLAS. That might be a lie, I could find out if anyone really is
	interested.

-reed
wade at cs.utk.edu